This vibrant and flavorful pumpkin carrot ginger soup is a perfect balance of sweetness, warmth, and earthiness. The combination of pumpkin, carrots, and fresh ginger creates a harmonious blend of ingredients that will tantalize your taste buds. This soup is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients, making it a nourishing option for any time of the year. Whether you’re looking for a comforting meal or a healthy appetizer, this pumpkin carrot ginger soup is sure to satisfy your cravings.
Pumpkin Carrot Ginger Soup
- large pot
- Cutting board
- Wooden spoon
- soup bowls
- pumpkin puree
- fresh ginger
- vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- fresh cilantro
- coconut milk
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the grated ginger, ground cumin, and ground cinnamon to the pot. Stir and cook for about a minute to release their flavors.
- Add the chopped carrots to the pot and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.Pour in the vegetable broth and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the pumpkin puree. Stir well to combine.
- Cover the pot and let the soup simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
- Using an immersion blender or regular blender, carefully puree the soup until smooth and creamy. If using a regular blender, work in batches and be cautious of the hot liquid.
- Return the pureed soup to the pot. Stir in the coconut milk and season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat the soup over low heat until warmed through.
- Ladle the pumpkin carrot ginger soup into bowls. Garnish with fresh cilantro or parsley, if desired.
- Serve the soup hot and enjoy its comforting flavors.