Have you ever wondered if you could ever get something different out of plantains, then there’s no need to worry again since I’m here to teach you just how to go about it. I promise you, you are just going to love our plantain pancake recipe so much that you’ll easily be making it in the house regularly to be enjoyed by your family and friends.
These come together quickly with a blender. Blend the plantains until puree and then add the rest of the ingredients. Let it rest and you are on your way to a tasty breakfast or brunch for the family.
Plantain Pancake Recipe
- Medium ripe plantain
- vanilla extract
- Ground ginger
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Wash and peel the ripe plantain.Cut the plantain into small chunks.
- Add your plantain, milk, eggs, butter, vanilla extract, ground ginger, nutmeg, sugar and salt. Pulse until well combined, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.Blend continuously until its smooth.
- Heat a skillet then lightly coat the hot skillet with vegetable oil.
- Pour some of the mixture on the skillet, tilt the pan to evenly spread the mixture
- Allow the pancakes to cook until the edges are set and you see bubbles on the surface, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Use spatula to flip and cook the other side till brown for another minute or so.
- Continue the process until all the pancakes are done.
- Keep pancakes warm in a kitchen napkin.
- Serve hot with chocolate sauce, strawberries and mint or coconut sauce or cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar or syrup.
1/2 cup chocolate sauce
1/2 cup strawberries, chopped
Fresh mint, chopped.