Instant Pot Potato Soup with Bacon
An instant pot potato soup with bacon recipe is loaded with great taste.
Delicious Instant Pot Potato soup
Instant Pot Potato soup is an amazing meal and you and the family will love preparing it
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 ounces vegetable broth
- 6 small peeled and chopped yellow potatoes
- 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
SOURCE: MY RECIPE JOINT
- Turn Instant Pot to saute mode. Add uncooked bacon to pot.
- Cook until crispy then remove from pot. Turn off pot and drain any excess grease.
- Turn Instant Pot back to saute. Add butter, onion, and garlic.
- Saute for 2 to 3 minutes until onion is soft. Turn off saute function.
- Stir in cooked bacon, broth, potatoes, thyme, salt,and pepper to combine.
- Close lid and make sure the valve is turned to “sealing.”
- Set the Instant Pot to manual pressure/pressure cook high for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together heavy cream and flour. Set aside.
- Remove the lid after 10 minutes and set the Instant Pot back to saute.
- Stir in heavy cream mixture and shredded cheese.
- Continue to stir until the soup thickens for about 3-4 minutes.
- Top with additional bacon, cheese, and green onions.
Top Instant pot potato soup with additional bacon, cheese, and green onions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!