This one is a Bengali dish made of a combination of different vegetables that have been sauteed together with spices. Labra is cooked during Bengali festivities and is served for breakfast or lunch.
Today, we will find out what goes into the preparation of the Bengali mixed vegetable curry, known as labra.
2 potatoes (chopped lengthwise)
2 radish (chopped)
2 brinjals (chopped)
2 cups of cabbage (chopped)
1 cauliflower (chopped)
1 pumpkin (chopped)
4 green chillies
Asafoetida (a pinch)
1 teaspoon of paanch phoran
½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
What Labra Can Be Served With
Labra can be served with steamed rice, roti, paratha or khichdi
- Pour some oil into a pan and heat it up.
- Toss in the asafoetida, panch phoran and dry chillies.
- Add the potatoes and fry it for a while. Then add the radish, cabbage, cauliflower and brinjals. Stir.
- Next add the turmeric powder and salt and let it cook on medium heat.
- Toss in the pumpkin and stir.
- Add the grated ginger and stir. Leave it to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and let it cook on low heat for a while.
- Turn off the heat and serve.