Experience a gluten-free twist on classic fried chicken with this delicious recipe for coconut flour fried chicken. Coconut flour adds a unique nutty flavor and delightful crispiness to the chicken, making it a perfect choice for those with gluten sensitivities or those looking to explore new flavors. With its golden brown exterior and tender, juicy meat, this coconut flour fried chicken is sure to be a hit at your dinner table. Get ready to savor the mouthwatering combination of coconut and chicken in every bite!
Fry With Coconut Flour
- Deep fryer
- Paper towels
- chcken peices
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- coconut flour
- cooking oil
- Rinse the chicken pieces under cold water and pat them dry with paper towels. Season the chicken pieces with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Make sure to coat the chicken evenly with the seasonings.
- In a shallow dish, whisk the eggs until well beaten. In another shallow dish, place the coconut flour. Season the coconut flour with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Dip each chicken piece into the beaten eggs, allowing any excess to drip off. Then, coat the chicken in the coconut flour mixture, pressing gently to ensure the flour adheres to the chicken. Shake off any excess flour.
- In a deep fryer or large deep skillet, heat cooking oil to around 350°F (175°C). There should be enough oil to submerge the chicken pieces.
- Carefully place the coated chicken pieces into the hot oil, in batches if necessary. Fry them for about 12-15 minutes, flipping them occasionally, until they turn golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) for poultry. The cooking time may vary depending on the size of the chicken pieces.
- Using tongs or a slotted spoon, remove the fried chicken pieces from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate or wire rack to drain excess oil. Allow them to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Transfer the coconut flour fried chicken to a serving platter. Pair it with your favorite dipping sauces or serve it alongside sides like coleslaw, roasted vegetables, or mashed potatoes. The crispy coating and flavorful chicken make for a delightful and gluten-free meal.