Daisy ham, often a preferred choice for festive occasions, brings together the rich flavors of succulent pork with a touch of smokiness. This particular recipe, “Daisy Ham Delight,” takes this already delectable ham and elevates its taste profile.
Starting with a beautifully scored ham, the insertion of whole cloves not only enhances its visual appeal but infuses the meat with a subtle spiciness. The glaze, a harmonious blend of brown sugar, honey, Dijon mustard, and pineapple juice, caramelizes beautifully in the oven, giving the ham a tantalizingly sweet and tangy crust. As the ham slowly roasts and absorbs the flavors, it becomes irresistibly juicy and tender. The aroma of the baking ham, combined with the sweet and spicy glaze, promises a meal that’s both heartwarming and indulgent.
Perfect for holiday dinners, special occasions, or simply when you’re in the mood for some gourmet home cooking, the Daisy Ham Delight stands as a testament to the magic of combining simple ingredients to create something truly memorable.
Daisy Ham Delight
- 1 daisy ham (about 5-7 pounds)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Place the daisy ham in a roasting pan with the flat side down.
- Score the top of the ham in a diamond pattern. Insert cloves at the intersections of the scores.
- In a bowl, mix together brown sugar, honey, Dijon mustard, pineapple juice, and black pepper.
- Brush the glaze generously over the top and sides of the ham.
- Cover the ham with aluminum foil and bake for 2 hours.
- Remove the foil and baste the ham with the pan juices. Continue baking for an additional 30 minutes, basting occasionally, until the ham is golden brown and heated through.
- Let the ham rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.