Cooking the perfect steak without a grill may seem intimidating, but with the right techniques, it’s easier than you think. Whether you don’t have access to a grill or simply prefer to cook indoors, this recipe will guide you through the steps to achieve a perfectly cooked steak on your stovetop. With just a few simple ingredients and a heavy-bottomed pan, you can create a delicious steak that is crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. This recipe is perfect for any level of cooking experience and is sure to impress your family and friends.
steak without a grill
- heavy bottom pan
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet or other heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Add a small amount of oil, such as vegetable oil or canola oil, to the pan and swirl to coat.
- Season your steak with salt and pepper, or your favorite steak seasoning.
- Once the pan is hot, add the steak and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until a crust forms.
- Add a tablespoon of butter and any aromatics, such as garlic, rosemary, or thyme, to the pan.
- Transfer the pan to the preheated oven and cook the steak for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until it reaches your desired level of doneness. You can use an instant-read thermometer to check the temperature. For medium-rare, the internal temperature should be 135°F (57°C), for medium, it should be 145°F (63°C), and for well-done, it should be 160°F (71°C).
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the steak rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.