Prepare to savor a bowl of pure vegetarian comfort as we unveil the tantalizing flavors of cheese leek soup. In this vegetarian twist on a classic favorite, we’ve transformed humble leeks into a creamy sensation that will make your taste buds dance with delight. Picture velvety, smooth soup infused with the irresistible richness of melted cheese, all without a trace of meat. Get ready to indulge in a symphony of flavors as we share our exclusive recipe for this soul-soothing delight. Whether you’re a devoted vegetarian or simply seeking a meatless masterpiece, this cheese leek soup will captivate your senses and leave you craving more. So, grab a spoon and immerse yourself in a world of vegetarian indulgence!.
Cheese leek soup vegetarian
- 3 leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of butter or olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups (1 liter) of vegetable broth
- 1 cup (240 ml) of milk (you can use dairy or plant-based milk)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) of heavy cream or full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups (200 grams) of shredded cheese (such as cheddar, Gruyere, or a combination)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh chives or parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot, melt the butter or heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sliced leeks and minced garlic, and sauté until they become soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the leeks are tender.
- Using an immersion blender or regular blender, carefully puree the soup until smooth. If using a regular blender, you may need to blend the soup in batches, as hot liquids can expand during blending.
- Return the blended soup to the pot and place it back on the stove over low heat. Stir in the milk and heavy cream (or full-fat coconut milk) until well combined.
- Gradually add the shredded cheese to the soup, stirring continuously until the cheese melts and the soup becomes creamy and smooth. Be patient, as it may take a few minutes for the cheese to fully melt.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Remember that cheese can be salty, so start with a little salt and adjust as needed.
- Once the soup is heated through and well-seasoned, it is ready to be served. Ladle it into bowls and garnish with chopped fresh chives or parsley if desired.Enjoy the delightful flavors of this comforting cheese leek soup, perfect for a cozy evening or a gathering with loved ones!