Butternut Feta Bake is a delicious and flavorful dish that combines the natural sweetness of butternut squash with the tangy creaminess of feta cheese. The roasted butternut squash becomes tender and caramelized, while the feta cheese adds a savory element that perfectly complements the sweetness of the squash.
This dish is easy to make and can be served as a side dish or even as a main course for a vegetarian meal. The combination of flavors and textures makes it a versatile and crowd-pleasing option for any occasion.
Overall, Butternut Feta Bake is a relatively quick and easy dish to prepare, making it a great option for a weeknight dinner or when you’re craving a flavorful and comforting meal.
Butternut feta bake recipe.
- 1 medium-sized butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- 200g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Place the cubed butternut squash on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss the squash cubes to ensure they are evenly coated with the oil.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic and dried thyme over the squash. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake the butternut squash in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the squash is tender and slightly caramelized.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and crumble the feta cheese evenly over the roasted butternut squash.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the feta cheese is soft and slightly golden.
- Once done, remove the butternut feta bake from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- Serve warm as a side dish or as a vegetarian main course. Enjoy!
- You can customize this recipe by adding other ingredients such as roasted red peppers, cherry tomatoes, or spinach for added flavor and variety.