Wheat is a cereal originating from a kind of grass known as triticum. It is used in making flour, bread, cakes, porridge and so on. Wheat, apart from having a high fiber content which helps to prevent constipation, also helps to provide energy to the body, assists with weight loss and can reduce chronic inflammation due to its betaine content.
Today we bring you a simple wheat porridge recipe.
1 cup of whole wheat
6 cups of water
Salt (to taste)
What Wheat Porridge Can Be Served With
Wheat porridge can be served with black berries, strawberries, bread and fried egg.
- Boil two cups of water in a saucepan.
- Pour in the wheat.
- Cover it with the lid and remove it from the heat source.
- Leave it to soak for about six hours. After that, drain the water from the wheat using a colander.
- Add the wheat soaked early on with the four cups of water left and boil for about 15 minutes. Let it be on medium heat.
- After 15 minutes, turn off the fire and wait till the wheat berries open up.
- Serve. You can add sugar and milk to your taste.
One thought on “HOW TO PREPARE WHEAT PORRIDGE”
Ma i need wheat porridge the one with maggi pepper and some ingrident