Pawpaw Stew Recipe. How to prepare pawpaw stew.
Pawpaw also known as Papaya is a tropical fruit and it has great benefits to the body.
Health benefits of Pawpaw stew
- It’s a good source of fibre, which helps bring down cholesterol.
- It’s rich in antioxidants, Vitamins B and C, carotenes, flavonoids, and minerals including potassium and magnesium for body development.
Delicious Pawpaw Stew
Did you know that pawpaw fruit can be used in preparing delicious stew? Learn and cook it yourself
- 1 medium-sized unriped Pawpaw
- Smoked Fish or Cooked Meat
- Can Tomato
- 1 Onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Ginger (quantity of choice)
- Hot pepper
- Cooking oil ( any of preference)
- Seasoning powder/cubes
- Shrimp powder (if preferred)
- Curry powder (if preferred)
- Wash, peel pawpaw and cut it into pieces (remove seeds)Pour inside a saucepan, add water and boil for 15-20mins until soft
- Blend it and set aside
- Wash and cut onion, garlic, ginger and pepper in pieces. Blend them
- Heat oil and pour blended onion,garlic, ginger and pepper.
- Allow it to cook until it thickens
- Add can tomato and cook for 2-5mins then add fresh tomatoes.
- Add smoked fish or cooked meat.
- Add seasoning cube/powder or shrimp powder(if preferred) and curry powder.
- Allow it to simmer for 5-10mins
- Add your blended pawpaw and salt to taste.
- Let it cook for 10mins(until you see oil on top of stew)
- Serve Pawpaw stew with Rice or Yam. Enjoy!!!
Pawpaw stew goes with ampesis, rice and banku
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!