Here’s a recipe for a delicious baked yogurt cheesecake.
Baked Yoghurt Cheesecake Recipe
The baked yogurt cheesecake is a dessert recipe that is typically associated with Western cuisine. It is a variation of the classic cheesecake, incorporating Greek yogurt for a tangy and creamy twist.In terms of the time required, here's an estimated breakdown:- Preparation time: 20 minutes- Baking time: 50-60 minutes- Cooling and refrigeration time: 5-6 hours (including 1 hour of cooling in the oven and at least 4 hours of refrigeration)Overall, you should plan for approximately 6-7 hours from start to finish, considering the time needed for cooling and setting in the refrigerator.Keep in mind that these times may vary slightly depending on your oven's performance and the specific conditions of your kitchen. It's always a good idea to monitor the cheesecake during the baking process and adjust the time accordingly to ensure it's fully cooked and set.Enjoy making and savoring the baked yogurt cheesecake in the comfort of your kitchen!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Fresh berries, for garnish (optional)
SOURCE: MY RECIPE JOINT
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan and set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until the crumbs are evenly coated. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared springform pan to form the crust. Set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add the sugar and continue to beat until well combined and the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the Greek yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract, and lemon zest to the cream cheese mixture. Beat until everything is well incorporated and the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter over the crust in the springform pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Place the springform pan on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes or until the cheesecake is set and the edges are lightly golden.
- Once the cheesecake is done, turn off the oven and let it cool in the oven for about 1 hour. This helps prevent cracking.
- After an hour, remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool completely at room temperature. Then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow it to set
- Before serving, run a knife around the edge of the springform pan to loosen the cheesecake. Remove the sides of the pan.
- If desired, garnish the cheesecake with fresh berries before serving.
Here's a note to keep in mind while preparing the baked yogurt cheesecake: 1. Use full-fat Greek yogurt: To ensure a creamy and rich texture, it's best to use full-fat Greek yogurt for this recipe. The higher fat content will contribute to a smoother and more indulgent cheesecake. 2. Soften the cream cheese properly: Make sure the cream cheese is softened at room temperature before beating it. This will make it easier to blend with the other ingredients and result in a smoother batter. 3. Don't overmix the batter: When adding the ingredients to the cream cheese, be careful not to overmix the batter. Overmixing can lead to a dense and tough cheesecake. Mix until all the ingredients are just combined. 4. Avoid opening the oven door: During the baking process, avoid opening the oven door frequently. Sudden changes in temperature can cause the cheesecake to crack. Only open the door when you think the cheesecake is nearly done. 5. Let the cheesecake cool gradually: After baking, let the cheesecake cool gradually. Cooling it in the turned-off oven for an hour and then at room temperature helps prevent cracks from forming on the surface. 6. Refrigerate before serving: It's important to refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving. This allows the flavors to develop, and the cheesecake will firm up nicely. 7. Get creative with toppings: While the cheesecake is delicious on its own, you can enhance its presentation and flavor by adding various toppings. Fresh berries, fruit compote, chocolate drizzle, or whipped cream are great options to consider. Remember, baking a cheesecake requires patience and attention to detail. Enjoy the process, and soon you'll be savoring a delightful baked yogurt cheesecake!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!