Philadelphia rolls is one of the most common items ordered in sushi restaurants and it’s born in America as it can be found on many menus around the country. Philadelphia rolls are also known as Philly rolls, these interesting rolls can be made at home as they are easy and fun to make and even so much cheaper than at the restaurant. You can enjoy it in the house with your family and loved ones.
In this session, we are going to learn of the ingredients used and the procedure for making the philly rolls.
Let’s get started and let’s do this together.
PHILLY ROLLS RECIPE
- 1 rolling mat
- 1 cup of sushi rice
- ⅛ cup of seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 half sheets sushi grade nori
- 2 oz smoked salmon
- 2 oz cream cheese, cut into matchsticks
- 1 small cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- sesame seeds
- In a bowl, season the sushi rice(after it has been cooked and still warm) with the rice vinegar, fanning and stirring until room temperature
- Lay out your rolling mat with a piece of plastic wrap on top On the rolling mat place one sheet of nori with the rough side facing upwards (shiny face downwards)
- Neatly wash your hands and grab a handful of rice and place it on the nori. Evenly spread the rice throughout the nori without smashing the rice down.
- Arrange the smoked salmon, cream cheese, and cucumber. in a horizontal row (2 cm) from the bottom.
- Grabbing both nori and the mat, roll the mat over the filling so the remaining space at the bottom touches the other side, squeezing down to make a nice tight roll. Squeeze down along the way to keep the roll from holding its shape.
- Transfer the roll onto a cutting board. Before slicing the roll, rub a knife on a damp paper towel and slice the roll into three equal portions
- Spread toasted sesame seeds on top of the rolls for some extra flavour