Oatgroats are one of the healthiest way to eat oats.Oat groats are whole oats kernels that have been cleaned and treated with heat and moisture. this increases shelf life , flavour development, phenolic content, and antioxidant activity.they are high in the soluble fiber beta gluten ,they may add weight loss and improve sugar levels , cholesterol, and heart and gut health.they also very easy to add to your diet. Another name for oat groat are oat berries .Groat is an old scottish word that refers specifically to oat.Oat groat can be soaked overnight for approximately 8-12 hours..
This whole meal can be used in breakfast bowls , mixed with fresh fruits, and sweet spreads, added to salads, or savory dishes. Use groats in dishes that might use wild rice, beans, or a great variety of typically savory ingredients.
Learn how to make oat groat at home with the help of our simple steps .
- wooden laddle
- oat groat
- sugar and salt
- Soak groats overnight for uptil 8 hrs
- bring water and to boil and add salt
- when the water boils, add oat and stir
- Taste test after some few minutes to makes sure the oat groat is softer
- allow to boil for some few more minutes to achieve sticky texture and add sugar to the mixture
- our oat groat is ready to serve
Oat groats take the longest of any from of oats to cook. To prepare this meal, you should have ample time even though its one of the easiest meal to cook at home.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!