Cook samosa according to your recipe. You can fry samosa, which is the most traditional way to prepare them. You can also bake samosa or air fry samosa.
Samosa consists of fried dough, traditionally filled with vegetables (peas, potatoes, carrots, and a lot of spices). There are several versions of this Indian appetizer, but the vegetable samosa is the most common version. However, you will also find meat samosas, chicken samosas, fish samosas, or seafood samosas.
In India, people say that if the word samosa does not activate your hypothalamus, it is because you are not a gourmet!
Hahaa, let’s get started
Air Fryer Samosa Recipe
- Air fryer
- pastry sheets
grated or minced ginger
potatoes, diced small
carrots, diced small
red pepper flakes
All purpose flour
- baking powder
- garlic, minced
- turmeric powder
- Gather all your ingredients
- Cook the cumin and mustard seeds in a preheated pan with some oil for 3 minutes.
- After cooking for a while, add in your chopped onions, minced garlic, and minced ginger to the pan, and cook for a while.
- Add your diced potatoes, carrots, coriander, turmeric powder, red pepper flakes or paprika, and a pinch of salt, stir well.
- Add in some water to cover, and turn the heat down to low to cook.
- Cook until potatoes are tender and set it aside.
- Mix the flour with salt, baking powder and water until no lumps remain in the dough.
- Roll it with a rolling pin and cut the pastry into equal-sized rectangles.
- Cut the pastry into equal-sized rectangles.
- Add about a tablespoon of the filling and begin to fold.
- Fold the upper right corner of each dough rectangle and bring it down to meet the lower side to form a triangle. Fold up the lower right corner of the pastry and bring it up to parallel the top edge of the dough.
- Spray some oil in the air fryer and begin to fry until golden brown .And your favorite air fried samosa is ready
Place about 2 tablespoons of the vegetable mixture into the pocket (the open area at the top) and bring the top flap down to cover up the pocket. Seal with the flour mixture.
Brush both sides of each samosa with oil. Place a few samosas in the air fryer.
Set the air fryer to 350 F and cook the samosas for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
Repeat the air frying process with the rest of the samosas, working in batches.
Optionally serve with fresh cilantro.