Turmeric tea has a lot of health benefits ranging from weight loss, nausea treatment and more.
Summary of post
- Ingredients to prepare turmeric tea
- How to make turmeric tea (turmeric tea recipe)
- Health benefits of turmeric tea.
- And a lot more.
Spare us 15 minutes of your time as we take you through the steps to prepare this healthy tea.
Before I give you the recipe, let us have a look at what turmeric and turmeric tea is.
Turmeric is a common spice made using the Curcuma longa plant. It is a member of the ginger family and has been used as herbal remedies in Africa.
The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin which gives its yellow colour.
prepare turmeric tea
Health benefits of turmeric.
- Curcumin has anti-inflammatory effects
- It helps boost the immune system
- It helps to reduce cardiovascular complications
- It is used in cancer prevention and treatment
- Turmeric is used to manage irritable bowel syndrome
- It prevents and treats Alzheimer’s disease
- Used in diabetes management
- Used to treat and manage lung conditions
- It can be used in weight loss management
What is turmeric tea?
Turmeric tea is made grated fine turmeric root or powder. It is best to grate the turmeric yourself in order to get pure ingredients.
How to prepare turmeric tea.
You can prepare this healthy tea from pure turmeric powder or grounded dried turmeric root.
Other recipes to try.
How to prepare sobolo
How to prepare Lamugine
How to prepare asana
How to prepare waakye
How to prepare Ga kenkey
How to prepare ice kenkey
How to prepare Brukina
Healthy Turmeric tea
- Turmeric powder
- Sugar to taste (optional)
- Honey (optional)
- Milk (optional)
- Lemon or lime juice (optional)
- Under high heat, boil 2 cups of water
- Add 1 teaspoon of grounded or powdered turmeric
- Allow the mixture to simmer for about 8 minutes
- Pour the mixture (tea) into a clean container and allow it to cool for 6 minutes.
- Add sugar or honey to taste.