Turmeric tea has a lot of health benefits ranging from weight loss, nausea treatment and more. In this post, I am going to give you a complete guide on how to prepare for yourself turmeric tea.
Summary of post
- Ingredients to prepare turmeric tea
- How to make turmeric tea (turmeric tea recipe)
- Health benefits of turmeric tea.
- And a lot more.
Spare us 15 minutes of your time as we take you through the steps to prepare this healthy tea.
Before I give you the recipe, let us have a look at what turmeric and turmeric tea is.
Turmeric is a common spice made using the Curcuma longa plant.
It is a member of the ginger family and has been used as herbal remedies in Africa. The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin which gives its yellow colour.
Health benefits of turmeric.
- Curcumin has anti-inflammatory effects
- It helps boost the immune system
- It helps to reduce cardiovascular complications
- It is used in cancer prevention and treatment
- Turmeric is used to manage irritable bowel syndrome
- It prevents and treats Alzheimer’s disease
- Used in diabetes management
- Used to treat and manage lung conditions
- It can be used in weight loss management
What is turmeric tea?
Turmeric tea is made grated fine turmeric root or powder. It is best to grate the turmeric yourself in order to get pure ingredients.
How to prepare turmeric tea.
You can prepare this healthy tea from pure turmeric powder or grounded dried turmeric root.
Ingredients to prepare turmeric tea.
- Turmeric powder
- Sugar to taste (optional)
- Honey (optional)
- Milk (optional)
- Lemon or lime juice (optional)
Steps for turmeric tea preparation.
- Under hight heat, boil 2 cups of water
- Add 1 teaspoon of grounded or powdered turmeric
- Allow the mixture to simmer for about 8 minutes
- Pour the mixture (tea) into a clean container and allow it to cool for 6 minutes.
- Add sugar or honey to taste.
Other recipes to try.
Thank us by sharing this recipe to family and friends. Thank you.