Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are iconic treats loved by many for their perfect combination of smooth chocolate and creamy peanut butter. Making them at home allows you to customize the flavors and create a batch that will rival the store-bought version. With this easy recipe, you’ll be able to enjoy homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups that are rich, indulgent, and absolutely irresistible. Get ready to delight your taste buds with these homemade treats that are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- baking sheet
- mixing bowl
- peanut butter
- unsalted butter, softened
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- chocolate chips (milk, dark, or a combination)
- Chopped nuts, caramel, or other mix-ins
- In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, softened butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined and the mixture has a smooth consistency.
- Line a baking sheet or tray with parchment paper.
- Using your hands or a small spoon, scoop small portions of the peanut butter mixture and roll them into balls, about 1 inch in diameter. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten each ball slightly with the palm of your hand to create a disc shape. Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Place the baking sheet with the peanut butter discs in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to firm up.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second intervals, stirring well after each interval until smooth and fully melted. Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate using a double boiler on the stove.
- Take the peanut butter discs out of the refrigerator. Using a fork or a dipping tool, dip each disc into the melted chocolate, coating it completely. Tap the fork or tool gently on the edge of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place the coated discs back on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Optional: Sprinkle chopped nuts, drizzle caramel, or add any desired mix-ins on top of the chocolate-coated discs before the chocolate sets.
- Once all the discs are coated, place the baking sheet back in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to fully set.
- After the chocolate has set, remove the homemade Reese's Peanut Butter Cups from the refrigerator.
- Serve and enjoy the irresistible homemade Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for freshness.