Akple is a popular delicacy enjoyed mostly by the people of the Volta Region of Ghana. it is usually served with slimy okro soup. Akple is a main meal and mostly taken for supper.
Today, we are going to take you through the steps to prepare this delicious meal with ease.
Summary of post
- Akple recipe (step by step)
- Abobi Tadi Recipe
What is Apkle
Akple is a Ghanaian dish indigenous to the people of Volta Region. The major ingredient in akple is corn flour.
What is Abobi Tadi
Simply, Abobi Tadzi is fish tomato sauce. It goes best with fresh, hot Akple.
Ingredients for Akple
- Corn flour
- Cooking pots
Ingredients for Abobi Tadi
- Seasoning (onga, maggi, etc)
- Palm oil
- Fresh tomatoes
- Tomato puree/paste
- Dry herrings (Amane)
Steps to prepare Abobi Tadi
- Cut and blend vegetables (tomatoes, onions, pepper)
- Pour palm oil into a saucepan and place over medium heat
- Cut onions and add to oil
- Add blended vegetables and allow to cook for 2 minutes
- Add tomato puree
- Roast dry abobi on fire in a saucepan for 5 minutes and wash thoroughly
- Add washed abobi and salmon to stew
- Allow it to cook for 8 minutes
- Add seasoning
- Cut okro into long pieces and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add boiled okro to stew
Preparing the Akple
- Boil water under high heat in a cooking pot
- Add salt
- Add corn flour to boiling water and stir repeatedly to thicken
- Add more flour if you want a thicker paste
- Cook for about 5 minutes
- Using a small bowl, roll the akple into small balls and set aside.
Serve with abobi tadi whiles hot.
If you had any challenge cooking the akple or abobi taki, kindly leave a comment below. Thank you.