Sweet potato gulab jamun is an Indian dish made with boiled mashed sweet potatoes formed into balls, fried and soaked in sugar syrup. It is an interesting dessert you can make for your family and friends not only on a special occasion, but also on any regular day.
If you buy into this idea then follow us, as we bring you a simple sweet potato gulab jamun. Enjoy!
1 cup of mashed sweet potato
2 tablespoons of maida
½ cup of water
¾ cups of sugar
5 strands of saffron
¼ teaspoon of cardamom powder
What Sweet Potato Gulab Jamun Can Be Served With
It can be served with vanilla ice cream
- Kadai/deep pan
- Slotted spoon
- Paper towel
- Pour water into a saucepan and add sugar to it.
- Add saffron and cardamom powder, stir and let it heat until the sugar dissolves completely. Boil it till the sugar syrup becomes thick and sticky.
- Turn the fire off and set the syrup aside.
- Add maida and salt to the mashed sweet potato. Mix it till it becomes smooth.
- Smear some oil on your hands and form the dough into lemon sized balls. Don’t roll them too tight. If they become too tight, you can sprinkle some water over it.
- Heat some oil in a deep pan/kadai on medium heat and drop the balls into the oil when the oil becomes hot.
- Turn over each side using the slotted spoon and fry evenly.
- When they are well fried, remove them from the oil and transfer them onto a tray lined with a paper towel.
- Put the balls into the sugar syrup, garnish with some pistachios and serve.