- Ponmo/Kanda (cow skin)
- Scotch bonnet peppers
- Red bell peppers
- Tomato paste
- Vegetable oil
- Seasoning cubes
- Wash the Ponmo/Kanda thoroughly and cut it into desired sizes.
- In a pot, add the Ponmo/Kanda, sliced onions, crushed garlic, grated ginger, and enough water to cover the Ponmo/Kanda.
- Bring the pot to a boil and cook for about 1 hour or until the Ponmo/Kanda becomes tender.
- Drain the cooked Ponmo/Kanda and set aside.
- In a blender, blend the scotch bonnet peppers, red bell peppers, onions, and tomato paste to a smooth paste.
- In a frying pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the blended pepper mixture to the hot oil and fry until the oil separates from the pepper.
- Add the cooked Ponmo/Kanda to the fried pepper sauce and mix well.
- Season with seasoning cubes and salt to taste. Stir well.
- Cover the pan and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Serve the delicious Ponmo/Kanda with your favorite dishes.