Palmnut soup is a popular soup in Ghana which is usually served with fufu, kokonte and rice balls. It is rich in vitamins and minerals.
Are you wondering how to prepare a delicious soup? Then learn it with these simple steps. Palm nut soup is locally eaten by Ghanaians and other countries. It’s an amazing soup and the family will enjoy it.
In this guide, I am going to show you,
- Ingredients used to prepare palmnut soup in Ghana
- How to prepare palm nut soup easily (Full recipe).
Ingredients for palm nut soup preparation.
- canned pounded palm nut or 3 cups palmnuts
- 1/2 Cowfeet (about 1 kilo)
- 2 lb Meat
- 2 Smoked Salmons
- snails (optional)
- 6 Onions
- 5 Tomatoes
- 6 Garden Eggs
- 15 kpakpo shito pepper
- 2 Ginger (thumb size)
- 6 Garlic cloves
- prekese (optional)
- 3 Maggi cubes
Steps to prepare palm nut soup in Ghana.
- Wash palm nuts and boil for about 45 minutes. (If skin removes from nut then it’s cooked)
- Wash the meat and pour in a large saucepan.
- Blend garlic, ginger, onion. Add blended ingredients to meat. Add seasoning and salt to taste.
- Cover pan and steam meat for about 15 minutes.
- Wash tomatoes, garden eggs, pepper and the rest of the onions and add it to the steaming meat.
- Cover it and let it cook for about 5mins.
- Pound Palm nuts in a mortar until black kernels are loose.
- Pour it all out into a large bowl. Add a large amount of water to mix.
- Use your hand to squeeze the liquid out of the fiber and set them aside.
- Drain the palm nut with sieve liquid into a large bowl. Repeat draining for about two to three times.
- Pour the drained liquid into steam meat. Allow it to boil for about 20 minutes
- Remove and blend tomatoes, garden eggs, onion and pepper when soft and add it to the soup.
- Add salt to taste. Wash salmon and break into half. Add it to soup
- Reduce heat and allow soup to simmer until oil forms on top
- Serve Palm nut soup with rice balls or banku