This special Nigerian Jollof rice is easy to prepare and delicious as well. Follow our step by step guide to get this done. Thank you.
Delicious Nigerian Jollof Rice
Follow our guide below to prepare for yourself, family and loved ones this delicious Nigeria Jollof.
- 3 cups rice
- 3 pieces turkey wings
- 250 grams shrimps
- 2 cups Tomato Stew base
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 sweet pepper (fresh paprika)
- 1 habanero pepper (scotch bonnet pepper)
- 2 red onions
- Vegetable oil
Seasonings (Choose any of your choice)
- 2 big seasoning cubes
- Chicken stock
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp White pepper
- 1 curry powder
- Prepare some tomato stew if you do not have some already. Click here
Wash peppers and onions, chop and separate into 4 batches like so:
- ½ red bell pepper + ¾ green pepper + ¾ onion chopped into medium pieces for the Jollof Rice
- ½ red bell pepper + ⅔ fresh paprika + the habanero pepper + ½ onion blended for the peppered turkey wings.
- fresh paprika + ¼ green pepper + ¼ onion finely chopped for the peppered turkey wings.
- ½ onion chopped for seasoning the peppered turkey.
- Clean and devein the shrimps. Click here for how to do that.
- Clean the turkey wings.
- Precook the long grain parboiled rice for 7 minutes, pour in a sieve to drain. Cool it down with water and set aside.
- Put the turkey wings into a pot, add some of the onions (2d above), garlic powder, ginger powder, white pepper, thyme and seasoning cubes.
- Mix very well, cover and let it steam on medium heat.
- When the turkey wings are pale all over, add some water to cover them and cook for 15 minutes.
- Take them out and grill/broil in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius or 400F till golden all over.
- To the turkey stock, add the chicken stock and some of the tomato stew. Cover and leave it to boil.
- Add the precooked rice and salt to taste. Stir and add the rest of the tomato stew on top then cover the pot with aluminum foil, place the lid tightly and start cooking on low heat.
- Pour the blended peppers and onion (2b above) into a pot and boil till all the water dries up.
- Add some oil into the boiled pepper, fry to a bit and add the chopped peppered and onions (2c above). Fry for about 3 minutes, add the curry powder and some salt to taste.
- Add the grilled/broiled turkey wings and mix till every turkey wing is coated with the pepper sauce.
- By now the water in the rice should be dry. Add the peppers and onions reserved for the Jollof rice (2a above). Mix till everything is well combined.
- Shallow-fry the shrimps till golden all over.
Nigerian jollof rice is a delicious one when all the steps are followed. Share this recipe with family and friends. Thank you for visiting us.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!