Delicious Yam Chips
Yam chips also know as fried yam are slices of yam deep-fried. It is mostly sold by food vendors across the streets and in popular restaurants such as KFC.
- Yam or sweet potato
- Vegetable oil
- Chicken optional
- Thyme optional
- Medium-sized bell pepper
- Peel yam and cut into thin sizes
- Wash thoroughly with enough water.
- Transfer washed yam into another bowl.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and thyme over it.
- Fry in hot vegetable oil until golden brown.
- Transfer to paper towel or colander to remove oil
how to prepare the pepper sauce For Yam Chips
- Grind scotch bonnet, onions, bell pepper, garlic and ginger in an eathernware bowl (asanka)
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat
- Add chopped onions and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add blended stock and stir intermittently for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add spices.
- Add salt to taste
- Simmer to 5 minutes
- Serve with fried yam (yam chips).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave your comments below.