Weanimix is a popular food for children in Ghana. It is often prepared by mothers for their babies.
Weanimix is rich in nutrients needed for your child’s growth and development.
If you are a mother and you need a homemade weanimix preparation recipe, then you are at the right place.
Just spare me 10 minutes of your time whiles I take you through step by step guide of preparing weanimix in Ghana.
Are you ready?
Let’s get started.
Ingredients for preparing weanimix.
You can also get an already prepared weanimix powder and prepare your porridge.
Steps to prepare weanimix.
- Pour groundnuts, beans and maize into a large bowl and mix them together.
- Set a large saucepan on fire and heat under medium heat.
- Roast the mixture for about 20 minutes. Make sure you don’t burn it.
- Mill the mixture to obtain a smooth weanimix powder. You can send to a corn mill for this to be done.
- The powdered mixture is what you are going to use to prepare porridge for your child.
- Pour water into a cooking pot and place it over medium heat.
- Pour your weanimix mixture (powder) into the boiling water and stir gently
- Keep stirring gently and knead against the sides of the pot to make sure there are no lumps.
- Lower the heat and allow it to boil for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with sugar or milk.
Tips for feeding your baby.
- Makes sure the weanimix porridge is not too hot to burn the child’s mouth.
- Feed child in bits
- Don’t add to much sugar.
- Make sure the porridge is thick.
- Store the rest of the weanimix powder in airtight container in a cool dry place.
If you have any questions about weanimix preparation in Ghana, kindly leave a comment below.
Other recipes to try.
How to prepare ice kenkey
How to prepare waakye at home.
Thank us by sharing this with friends and family.