Rice water or rice porridge is mostly taken as breakfast by most Ghanaian. It is often taken with tea bread or biscuits, milk and sugar to taste.
In this guide, I am going to show you
- The ingredients to prepare rice water
- Steps to prepare rice water.
- And a lot more.
Ingredients for rice water preparation.
How to prepare rice water.
Follow the instructions below to prepare for yourself delicious rice water. Leave all your comments in the comments section below.
- Fill a cooking pot with a reasonable amount of water
- Boil water under high heat
- Wash rice and add it to the boiling water
- Add nutmeg and negro pepper if preferred.
- Boil content for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Reduce heat when rice becomes tender
- Using a wooden spatula, knead the rice against the sides of the pot to mush the grains into smaller sizes.
- Let it boil for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from fire
- Add sugar to taste
- Add milk
- Serve with bread or biscuits whiles hot.
Other recipes to try.
- Add water in bits.
- soak rice for some time to make it tender