Oblayo is a Ghanaian dish commonly taken as breakfast. It is mostly served with bread, doughnut or boflot coupled with milk and sugar.
Oblayo is made with coarsely grounded corn and plenty of water. I am going to show you the best Oblayo recipe so far.
Just give me 15 minutes of your time and attention. Thank you.
In this post, I am going to give you
- The list of ingredients needed to prepare Oblayo
- Step by step guide to prepare Oblayo (Oblayo recipe)
- And many more.
Ingredients for Oblayo.
- 500g White coarsely ground corn (maize).
- 5l Water
Tips for cooking Oblayo.
- Use plenty of water
- Boil in a large saucepan or cooking pot
Steps to cook Oblayo.
- Pour the corn into a bowl filled with water and stirs
- Scoop the rotten ones that float on the water
- Soak the corn in water overnight or for 3 hours before the preparation.
- Wash the soaked mixture thoroughly until clear
- Drain the water from the corn
- Boil water under low medium heat.
- Pour the corn into the boiling water and stir.
- Add spices
- Add a little salt to taste
- Leave it on low heat to cook well
- Serve hot with sugar, milk and fruits.
Other recipes to try.
Support us by sharing this with family and friends.