Koose also known as Akara is a traditional meal in Ghana consume most by the Northern part.
It’s nutritious and easy to make.
Health benefit of Koose
Research confirms that “Koose” prevents free radical damage to body cells which if not prevented, can lead to the death of cells and aging.
#Blend skinless beans bit by bit if it too much in the blender
Ingredients for koose
- 2 cups black eye beans
- 1 large onion
- 2 habenaro pepper/chilli pepper
- 2 eggs
- Chopped spring onions (if preferred)
- Cooking oil
- Seasoning cube
Steps to make koose
- Pour beans in water and soak for 30mins
- Pour the water out then put beans in blender. Add enough water to it
- Don’t fully blend beans. Remove the skin using the blender by pushing the stop or pause button every minute when you start blending. Do that 3-4 times
- Pour beans into a large bowl and add more water. Rub the beans in your hands to take off the skin
- Drain the water along with skin on top of beans. Make sure all the skins are removed
- Pour skinless beans in blender, add pepper, onion and salt. Add enough water to blend until smooth
- Pour blended mixture into bowl, add eggs then hand whisk for 2-3mins. This process will make mixture fluffy
- Set aside a mixture of egg, chopped spring onions and 4 teaspoon of blended mixture for garnishing.
- Heat oil under medium heat until hot then scoop in the batter with a spoon. Garnish top with the set aside mixture
- Turn koose over when it starts to brown at the bottom. Fry the other side until golden brown
- Remove it from oil when cooked then put it in a strainer or paper towel to drain oil
- Serve koose with porridge. Enjoy!!!