In this guide, I am going to show you:
- The ingredients needed to cook Ga Kenkey
- How to prepare Kenkey in Ghana (Ga Kenkey)
- And a lot more.
Also called Nkran Dokono or Accra Kenkey, the Ga Kenkey is most of the times sold at night along the streets.
Now let’s see how to prepare this amazing Ghanaian dish.
Delicious Ga Kenkey Recipe
- Pressure cooker
- corn dough
- corn hust
- Put half of the corn dough in a bowl and mix with water
- Boil corn dough until half way cooked
- Spread the dough on a large clean saucepan and add the remaining raw corn dough using a wooden ladle.
- Mix together thoroughly.
- Mould into preferred pieces/size.
- Wrap each with the corn husks
- Placed some corn husks at the bottom of a big saucepan and arrange the wrapped dough nicely on it.
- Add enough water, cover and boil for about 10 minutes.
- Kenkey is ready.
- Serve with hot pepper sauce, chilli sauce, shito, stew or soup
Steps to prepare Fante Kenkey.
Use dried plantain leaves instead of the corn husks. That’s the difference.
Leave your comments below.