Fante fante is very simple to prepare, yet one of the most delicious stews in Ghana.
What is fante fante?
It is a fresh fish sauce consumed in Ghana. It is popular in the Central part of Ghana. Ghanaians love this recipe because of its simplicity.
In this post, I am giving you all you need to know about this recipe and how to get it done.
Fante fante ingredients
The following ingredients makes a perfect fante fante
- Fresh medium sized tomatoes
- Pepper (kpakposhito)
- Garlic cloves
- red snapper or Salted fish (koobi) (optional)
- Fish powder
- Salmon or any other fish of preference
- Shrimp powder
- Nutmeg (optional)
- Palm oil
Steps to prepare fante fante
- Thoroughly was onion, garlic and ginger
- Transfer them into a blender and blend together
- Add salt and maggi cube to the blended mixture and use it to season the fish.
- Steam the salmon for about 8 minutes.
- Pour palm oil into a sauce pan and place it over medium heat.
- Chop some onions and add to the oil.
- Put salted fish into a bowl of water to remove some of the salt from it.
- Chop salted fish into sizeable pieces and add to oil.
- Blend tomatoes and pepper and add mixture to the oil.
- Stir continuously.
- Add shrimp powder and nutmeg.
- Allow the stew to cook for about 5 – 8 minutes.
- Add the seasoned fish and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve with banku, kenkey, ampesi or rice.