Etor is a popular Ghanaian delicacy usually enjoyed by the Southern part of Ghana. It is mainly made of boiled ripe plantain and palm oil others prefer to do Etor with boiled yam, cassava, cocoyam or gari.
In this recipe, we are going to use slightly ripe plantain to prepare Etor.
It is a very delicious meal especially when garnished well with avocado (pear), groundnuts eggs and onions.
Preparing Etor shouldn’t take so much time. It is a simple and quick recipe. Just spare me 15 minutes of your time whiles I take you through this.
Summary of post
- Health benefits of Etor
- Ingredients used to prepare Etor
- Etor preparation instructions.
- Earthenware bowl
Ingredients to prepare Etor.
- Ripe plantain
- Palm oil
- Avocado Pear
- Roasted groundnuts or peanut
- Groundnut paste/peanut butter
- Pepper (kpakpo shito)
- Pour water into a cooking pot and place over medium heat
- Peel ripe plantain, wash and place them into boiling water
- Add eggs to the hot water
- Remove eggs when cooked and Allow ripe plantain to boil until soft
- Remove plantain from water and set aside
- Wash onions and pepper and grind them in an earthenware bowl
- Add a little amount of salt and grind mixture to obtain an even mixture.
- Add the boiled ripe plantain to the grinded pepper and onion and mash it in the earthenware bowl
- Add groundnut paste and keep mashing
Things to note
- Do not use overripe plantain
- Garnishing well makes the food attractive