Cocktail frankfurts, also known as “little smokies” or “cocktail wieners,” are popular appetizers or snacks that originated in Germany. These small, thin sausages are typically made from beef, pork, or a combination of both and are seasoned with various spices and flavorings. While they are often enjoyed as a treat, they can also provide some health benefits. Cocktail frankfurts are a good source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing muscle tissue. They are also relatively low in calories and fat, making them a healthier snack option than many other types of processed foods. When cooked properly, cocktail frankfurts are delicious and satisfying, with a savory flavor and a slightly chewy texture. Whether you boil, grill, or pan-fry them, these little sausages are sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next party
Prepare Cocktail Frankfurts
- frying pan
- oil for frying
- water for boiling
- cocktail frankfurts
- pickels optional
- cheese optional
- relish optional
- mustard optional
- Fill a pot with enough water or chicken broth to cover the cocktail Frankfurt
- Bring the liquid to a boil over high heat
- Once boiling, add the cocktail Frankfurt to the pot.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the sausages simmer for 5-7 minutes or until fully cooked.
- The internal temperature should reach 160°F (71°C). Use tongs to remove the cocktail Frankfurt from the pot and serve.