My Recipe Joint brings you a complete guide on how to make Bean and Corn (Adalu). This is a staple in Nigeria that can be prepared using the simple steps below.
If you need a meal for this corn season, Beans and Corn (known as Adalu in Yoruba) is for you. Just like how we cook Corn and Ukwa, Beans and Corn is a great combo. I prefer it to Rice and Beans.
Watch the video: Beans & Corn (Adalu) [Video]
Delicious Beans & Corn Adalu
- 3 cups brown beans
- 3 Cups fresh corn
- 2-3 tbsp red palm oil
- 2 tbsp ground crayfish
- 2 small seasoning cubes
- Rinse the beans a few times till the water runs clear.
- Put in a pot, pour water to cover it and start cooking on medium heat.
- After about 7 minutes, pour the beans in a sieve and rinse with cool water.
- Put back in the pot, add onions (chopped), pour water to cover it and continue cooking.
- Remove the corn kernels from the cob, rinse and put in a sieve to drain.
- Chop the peppers.
- When the beans is soft, add the corn and palm oil and continue cooking.
- After about 7 minutes, add the peppers and salt. Once it simmers again, it’s done.
Food is ready. Serve it as lunch or dinner.