Braised rice locally known as angwamu is rice prepared with oil and onions. It is mostly enjoyed as a main meal coupled with green pepper sauce and sometimes sardines/tuna.
How to prepare braised rice Ghana style.
Delicious Angwamu (Braised Rice) Recipe. Oil Rice
This is the easiest and quickest recipe for preparing braised rice(oil rice and angwamu). One of my favorite lunch meals, its prepared with few ingredients and tastes great.Prepare braised rice
- Cooking oil
- A tin of sardine (optional)
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil, chop onion and saute in oil and stir, add a cup of rice and stir continuously for about a minute and add water.
- Add salt,stir and cover it to cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash the vegetables(tomatoes, pepper and onion), grind in an earthenware bowl and add salt to taste.
- Chop tomatoes and onion, crack 2 eggs and add the chopped tomatoes,onion,add salt and beat the eggs.
- Heat a tablespoon of cooking oil and fry the eggs,make sure to turn eggs when it turns brown. Check to see if the rice is well cooked.
Oil rice can be served with tuna, fried eggs, fried fish and green pepper sauce. Leave a comment below.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!