Helloooo food lovers, let’s go to Italian America today.
Garlic bread stems from bruschetta, which appeared in Italy around the 15th century and can be traced back to Ancient Rome. Garlic bread originated in the United States and is a typical Italian-American dish.
The sweet team let’s get our ingredients ready and start something mouth-watering.
In this recipe, we will learn the step-by-step procedure for preparing our garlic chicken bread.
Let’s get started!
GARLIC CHICKEN BREAD
Garlic bread is a classic accompaniment to almost any kind of soup or stew. It's commonly paired with tomato-based soups but is equally appropriate served alongside bean, vegetable, chicken, beef, and seafood soups or stews. Its a perfect tea time snack that can be made in the house.
- ½ cup boiled and shredded chicken
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 4 baguette slices
- 2 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- A large pinch of crushed black peppercorns
- ½ tbsp dried red chilli flakes + for sprinkling
- A large pinch of salt to taste
- 2 tbsp processed cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp mozzarella cheese, chopped
- Fresh parsley sprigs for garnishing
- Preheat the oven
- In a bowl, add butter, garlic, parsley, crushed black peppercorns, dried red chilli flakes, salt and shredded chicken and mix well.
- Arrange bread slices(baguette slices) on a baking tray and place a portion of chicken mixture on each slice.
- Wrap bread in a foil and keep the baking tray in the oven and bake for 6-8 minutes. (If you’re adding mozzarella, use the offset spatula or spoon to gently open each slit and tuck a piece of mozzarella in (it’s ok if the cheese pops out from the top a little). Return bread to the oven and bake until crisp and golden on top)
- Bring the tray out of the oven and arrange the bread slices on a serving plate.
- Sprinkle dried red chilli flakes and garnish with fresh parsley sprigs and serve.
And there you have your chicken garlic bread, enjoy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!