Breadcrumbs refers to bread that has been shredded using a blender, mixer or grater and sometimes baked or toasted. Breadcrumbs can be fresh or dried. It can be used to coat meat or fish before frying or for thickening stews.
There are various ways of making breadcrumbs.
Today we show you one of the simple ways to make breadcrumbs without using an oven.
5 slices of stale bread
- Non-stick skillet
- Heat the skillet and arrange the bread slices in it.
- When one side browns turn over to the other side and let it toast. Do this for all the bread slices.
- Transfer them onto a plate and allow them to cool.
- Shred the bread into pieces and put them in a mixer. Let it shred further for about 30 seconds.
- Keep it in an airtight container. You can keep it in the fridge for about 3 months.