Risotto rice is an Italian dish prepared with a kind of short-grained rice known as Arborio rice, along with stock (chicken, vegetable, beef or fish), butter and cheese.
Risotto rice that is well cooked must end up soft and creamy. The creaminess is as a result of the starchy content of the rice. Risotto can be served as a first course before a main dish or as a side dish.
Today, we bring you a simple risotto rice recipe.
4 cups of unsalted chicken stock
1 cup of Arborio rice
1 tablespoon of olive oil
¼ cup of grated Percorino-Romano cheese
¼ teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
What Risotto Rice Can Be Served With
Risoto rice can be served with sautéed mushrooms, caprese salad, green salad with lemon vinaigrette or asparagus with poached eggs.
- Boil the chicken stock in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Pour the olive oil into a skillet and add the butter. Allow it to melt.
- Add the rice and stir for a minute.
- Now a ladle of chicken stock and stir. Let it boil for about 3 minutes or until the stock is almost absorbed. Stir.
- Add another ladle of chicken stock and stir again. Let it cook for about 3 minutes. Continue adding up the broth till just one ladle of chicken stock is left. Let the rice cook for about 18 minutes.
- Turn off the fire and add salt. Add the rest of the chicken stock and cheese.
- Stir the risotto rice slowly for about 2 minutes and serve. Enjoy!