Canned carrots are a staple ingredient in many kitchens around the world. While fresh carrots are preferred by many, canned carrots offer convenience, affordability, and a long shelf life. This humble ingredient has been a part of the American diet since the early 1900s, and it has since become a popular addition to various meals.
This recipe for preparing canned carrots is perfect as a side dish to a variety of main courses, including grilled chicken, steak, or fish. These carrots can also be added to salads or soups for an extra boost of flavor and nutrition.
cooked canned carrot
- can opener
- small pot
- measuring cup
- Cutting board
- wooden sppon
- i can of whole carrots
- water or broth
- salt and pepper
- Open the can of carrots and drain off the liquid.
- Rinse the carrots under cold water to remove any excess liquid or debris.
- Transfer the carrots to a small pot or saucepan.
- Add enough water or broth to cover the carrots.
- Bring the liquid to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the carrots simmer for 5-10 minutes or until they are heated through.
- Drain off any excess liquid.
- If desired, add a small amount of butter or margarine to the pot and stir until melted and coated on the carrots
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.