Hominy Corn Porridge
- Hominy corn
- Sugar (optional)
- Milk (optional)
- Butter (optional)
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil.
- Add the hominy corn to the boiling water and cook for about 1 hour or until the corn is tender.
- Drain the water and rinse the corn to remove any residual husk.
- Return the corn to the pot and add fresh water.
- Bring the water to a boil again and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for an additional 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt to taste and any optional ingredients such as sugar, milk, or butter for added flavor and creaminess. Stir well.
- Continue to simmer for a few more minutes until the porridge reaches the desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
- Serve the Hominy Corn Porridge warm and enjoy!