Grilling frozen chicken breast might seem like a challenge, but with the right technique, you can achieve juicy and flavorful results. Grilling frozen chicken breast is a convenient option when you forget to thaw your chicken or need a quick and easy meal. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step process of grilling frozen chicken breast, ensuring a tasty and succulent outcome every time. Get ready to master the art of grilling frozen chicken breast and enjoy a delicious and hassle-free meal!
Grill Frozen Chicken Breast
- meat thermometer
- frozen chicken breast
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- additional seasonings optional
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. For a gas grill, set all burners to medium-high. If using a charcoal grill, light the charcoal and let it burn until covered with gray ash.
- Remove the frozen chicken breasts from their packaging. If desired, rinse the chicken under cold water to remove any ice crystals. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil or use cooking spray to lightly coat them. This will help prevent sticking and promote even browning.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and any additional seasonings or marinade of your choice. Ensure both sides of the chicken are evenly seasoned.
- Place the seasoned frozen chicken breasts directly on the preheated grill grates. Close the grill lid to retain heat and promote even cooking. Grill the chicken for approximately 10-15 minutes per side, flipping once halfway through. Use tongs or a spatula to handle the chicken carefully.
- To ensure the chicken is fully cooked, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. The chicken breasts should reach a minimum temperature of 165°F (74°C) for safe consumption.
- Once the chicken reaches the appropriate temperature, remove it from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in a juicier chicken breast. Slice or serve the chicken as desired.