Grilling asparagus in foil is a wonderful way to bring out its natural flavors and create a deliciously tender side dish. Wrapping the asparagus in foil helps retain moisture and allows for even cooking, resulting in perfectly grilled spears. In this recipe, we’ll guide you through the steps of grilling asparagus in foil, ensuring a hassle-free and tasty addition to your meal. Get ready to enjoy tender and flavorful asparagus with minimal effort!
Grill Foil Wrapped Asparagus
Grilling asparagus in foil is a simple and flavorful way to prepare this delicious side dish. By seasoning the asparagus with olive oil, salt, and pepper, wrapping it tightly in foil, and grilling it until tender, you can enjoy perfectly cooked asparagus with minimal effort. Feel free to customize the flavor with additional ingredients like minced garlic, lemon zest, or grated Parmesan cheese. Unwrap the foil packet with caution and serve the grilled asparagus hot for a delightful addition to any meal.
- aluminum foil
- fresh asparagus
- oilve oil
- sat and pepper
- parmasen cheese
- lemon zest
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Trim the woody ends from the asparagus spears, usually about 1-2 inches from the bottom. Rinse the asparagus under cold water and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Place the asparagus spears on a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. For additional flavor, you can sprinkle minced garlic, lemon zest, or grated Parmesan cheese over the asparagus.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the asparagus and tightly seal the edges, creating a foil packet. Make sure the packet is well-sealed to trap the steam and heat inside.
- Place the foil packet on the preheated grill. Grill for 10-15 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender and easily pierced with a fork. Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the asparagus spears.
- Carefully remove the foil packet from the grill using tongs. Open the packet, being cautious of the hot steam. Transfer the grilled asparagus to a serving dish.
- Finish with a garnish; If desired, garnish the grilled asparagus with a sprinkle of lemon juice, grated Parmesan cheese, or fresh herbs for added flavor.
Choose fresh and vibrant asparagus for the best taste and texture. Adjust grilling time based on the thickness of the asparagus spears. Thicker spears may require a slightly longer cooking time. Experiment with additional seasonings and garnishes to suit your taste preferences. Be careful when opening the foil packet as the steam inside can be hot. Grilled foil-wrapped asparagus pairs well with various main dishes and can be enjoyed as a versatile side dish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!