Butter bread is a common bread recipe in Ghana, usually eaten with a breakfast meal. It is commonly on sale in supermarkets and easy to spot with hawkers in town as well. The process of making it is very similar to other types of bread. It is tasty and not difficult to make. You can actually give its preparation a try at home.
Below we have a Ghana butter bread recipe for you to look on.
3 cups of bread flour
¼ cup of sugar
¼ cup of butter
1 teaspoon of salt
¾ cup of warm water
2 teaspoons of dry active yeast
What Butter Bread Can Be Served With
Butter bread can be served with a chocolate beverage, porridge, gari soakings and groundnut, soft drink or fruit juice, jam, fried egg and salad.
- Loaf pan
- Rolling pin
- Rolling board
- Put all dry ingredients into a bowl, but keep the yeast away from the salt.
- Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredient mixture and add your butter and half of the water.
- Mix the dough with your hand and add more water, little by little.
- Knead the dough till it becomes soft and elastic.
- Cover up the dough in the bowl and leave it for about ten minutes.
- Grease your loaf pans with butter and sift some flour into them.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and divide into two.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough. Make sure the size fits the loaf pan.
- Roll up from the long end and press the seam down and fold over the ends.
- Position the loaf pans seam side down and cover with a plastic wrap and a light weight towel.
- Allow the dough to rise till it reaches the top of the loaf pans.
- Pre heat your oven to about 350 degrees.
- Place loaf pans in the oven and reduce the heat to about 325 degrees, then bake till it becomes golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve.