Garden eggs stew is a popular stew in Ghana commonly served with Ampesi. It is delicious especially when the correct recipe is followed.
Garden eggs stew also known as eggplant stew is enjoyed by almost all the tribes in Ghana and other African Countries.
In this post, I am going to show:
- the ingredients needed for garden eggs stew preparation
- a step by step guide on how to prepare garden eggs stew in Ghana
- and many more.
Garden Eggs Stew Recipe
Ingredients for garden eggs stew.
- 15 plum garden eggs
- 6 tomatoes
- 2 large onions
- 2 tablespoons turkey berries( Optional)
- 1/2 cup palm oil
- 1 medium smoked salmon
- 6 large smoked herrings
- 1koobi (salted Fish)
- 1 teaspoon grounded shrimp
Steps to prepare garden eggs stew.
- Remove the stalk of garden eggs. Put in a saucepan then add water. Under high heat, cook until soft.
- Blend one onion, tomatoes, pepper and turkey berries together. Set aside.
- Slice the other onion into chunks. Remove the skin of salmon and herrings, break into desired sizes.
- Cut the koobi into two. Remove the guts and scales then put it in a saucepan with a little water to boil for about 6 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, pour palm oil and half of the sliced onions. Stir until onions are softened
- Add in blended ingredients. Add herrings and salmon, about ½ teaspoon salt and allow to simmer till sauce is thickened.
- Add grounded shrimps, garden eggs, steamed koobi and remaining onions. Add salt and seasoning to taste.
- Serve with any food of choice
Delicious garden eggs stew in Ghana
Other recipes to try.
How to prepare egg stew in Ghana.