Garden eggs stew is a popular stew in Ghana commonly served with Ampesi.
It is delicious especially when the correct recipe is followed.
In this post, I am going to show:
- the ingredients needed for garden eggs stew preparation
- a step by step guide on how to prepare garden eggs stew in Ghana
- and many more.
Delicious Garden Eggs Stew
Garden eggs stew also known as eggplant stew is enjoyed by almost all the tribes in Ghana and other African Countries.
- 15 plum garden eggs
- 6 tomatoes
- 2 large onions
- 2 tbsp turkey berries
- 1/2 palm oil
- 1 medium smoked salmon
- 6 large smoked herrings
- 1 koobi (salted Fish)
- 1 tbsp grounded shrimp
- Remove the stalk of garden eggs. Put in a saucepan then add water. Under high heat, cook until soft.
- Blend one onion, tomatoes, pepper and turkey berries together. Set aside.
- Slice the other onion into chunks. Remove the skin of salmon and herrings, break into desired sizes.
- Cut the koobi into two. Remove the guts and scales then put it in a saucepan with a little water to boil for about 6 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, pour palm oil and half of the sliced onions. Stir until onions are softened
- Add in blended ingredients. Add herrings and salmon, about ½ teaspoon salt and allow to simmer till sauce is thickened.
- Add grounded shrimps, garden eggs, steamed koobi and remaining onions. Add salt and seasoning to taste.
- Serve with any food of choice
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Other recipes to try.
How to prepare egg stew in Ghana.