Cassava fish or hake is a large fish found on the coast of West Africa. It can grow up to a maximum length of 114 cm with a common length of about 50 cm for adults. It is known as cassava croaker or croaker in some parts of West Africa.
Hake is considered a good “source of potassium and phosphorus” and a fish with “high selenium content”. So, hake has at least four unquestionable benefits for a healthy diet; It is low in fat, low in calories, a source of high-value protein, and a significant content of vitamins and minerals.
Fried Cassava Fish Recipe
- Air fryer or frying pan
- sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Kitchen scissors
- all natural vinegar
- ginger powder
- garlic powder
- hot pepper powder
- liquid seasoning or all purpose seasoning
- olive oil
- Grab your knife or fish scale remover and use it to remove the scales from the fishAfterwards grab your kitchen scissors and use it to remove the fins from the fish
- Put your fish in a large bowl and sprinkle your all natural vinegar on the fish
- Pour clean water on the fish and wash thoroughly, drain and pour another water and rinse your fish with it.
- Using your knife, cut the fishes into pieces and place them in a sizeable bowl
- In another bowl, mix your ginger powder, paprika, garlic powder, hot pepper powder, salt, liquid seasoning or all purpose seasoning together
- Sprinkle mixture on the fish and set aside for sometime to allow it to marinate
- In your air fryer, or frying pan, pour in your olive oil or any oil of your choice and place it on medium heat
- When oil is heated, put in your fish and fry until its golden brown
- Remove from the oil and your fish is ready and well cooked
- Serve and enjoy