Egg Sauce is a sauce made of fish or meat stock and beaten eggs. A drawn butter sauce with beaten egg yolks or minced hard-boiled eggs.
Egg sauce can be enjoyed with your boiled rice, boiled yam, or boiled plantain, and it’s just so perfect for every meal you want to use it on.
The egg sauce recipe is a dish cooked with tomato, egg, pepper, onion, vegetable oil, and a seasoning cube. It’s typically a Nigerian staple food perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Nigerian egg sauce is normally served with boiled plantain, fried plantain, and egg sauce, fried yam egg recipe, egg, and bread; it can also be served with spaghetti and fried potato egg sauce.
Egg Sauce Recipe
- frying pan
- Grab a cleanly washed bowl and break your eggs into it.
- with the help of a spoon, whisk your eggs together until the yolk and white are all well combined
- add salt to taste and whisk together to mix everything and set it aside
- On medium heat, place your neatly washed frying pan on and your vegetable oil and allow to heat for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add in your chopped onions and allow to cook until transparent
- Add chopped peppers and cook for about 4-5 minutes or till oil floats on the sauce
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook for some minutes
- Add in your salt to taste, seasoning, curry and thyme.Stir everything to combine perfectly well. Try not to get it burnt or letting it stick to the pan
- Add whisked eggs to sauce and leave for about a minute, this will allow the eggs to cook just well so that no liquid will be found in your sauce