Edikang Ikong Soup
- 400g water leaves, washed and shredded
- 200g ugu leaves (pumpkin leaves), washed and shredded
- 500g assorted meat (beef, cow foot, tripe)
- 200g stockfish, soaked and deboned
- 200g dry fish, soaked and deboned
- 200g crayfish, ground
- 2 tablespoons palm oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground pepper
- 3 seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
- Place the assorted meat, stockfish, and dry fish in a pot. Add water, chopped onions, and seasoning cubes. Cook until tender.
- Add the water leaves to the pot and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the ugu leaves, palm oil, ground pepper, crayfish, and salt. Stir well and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Simmer for a few more minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with your choice of swallow or rice.