Cooking goat meat doesn’t have to be complicated. With this easy recipe, you’ll learn a simple yet delicious method to prepare goat meat that is tender, juicy, and bursting with flavor. Whether you’re a goat meat enthusiast or trying it for the first time, this recipe will guide you through the process of cooking goat meat effortlessly.
How To Cook Goat Meat
Cooking goat meat is made easy with this flavorful recipe. Start by heating the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until they turn golden brown. Next, add the minced garlic and ginger paste (if using) and cook for a minute until fragrant.Now, it's time to add the goat meat. Season it with ground cumin, ground coriander, turmeric powder, paprika (if desired), salt, and pepper. Mix well to coat the meat with the spices.Pour in the water or broth, cover the pot, and let it simmer on low heat for about 2 hours or until the meat becomes tender and easily pulls apart. Stir occasionally and add more liquid if needed.Once the goat meat is cooked to perfection, garnish with fresh coriander leaves (if desired) and serve it hot with your choice of sides such as rice, naan
- large pan
- Cutting board
- mixing spoon
- chopping board
- serving dishes
- goat meat
- vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- tomatoes paste
- bell pepper
- ground coriander
- ground cumin
- ground turmeric
- garam masala
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large, deep pan or pressure cooker over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions and sauté until they turn golden brown. Add the minced garlic and grated ginger to the pan and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Add the goat meat pieces to the pan and cook until they are browned on all sides.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and cook until they become soft and mushy. Add the ground coriander, cumin, turmeric, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well to coat the meat with the spices.
- If using a pressure cooker, add a cup of water, close the lid, and cook for about 20-25 minutes or until the meat is tender. If using a regular pan, add about 2 cups of water, cover, and simmer on low heat for about 1.5 to 2 hours or until the meat is tender, stirring occasionally and adding more water if needed.
- Once the meat is tender, sprinkle garam masala over the curry and mix well. Adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
- .Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves (if desired) and serve hot with rice, naan bread, or roti.
You can marinate the goat meat with yogurt and a blend of spices (such as ginger, garlic, coriander, cumin, and turmeric) for a few hours or overnight before cooking to enhance the flavor and tenderize the meat further. Adjust the spice levels according to your preference. Feel free to increase or decrease the amount of red chili powder for a milder or spicier curry. If using a pressure cooker, follow the manufacturer's instructions for cooking time and pressure release. Adding a squeeze of lemon juice or a splash of vinegar at the end can help balance the flavors and tenderize the meat further.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!