If you’re looking for a comforting and satisfying soup, then look no further than this creamy Donna Hay pumpkin soup. Made with roasted pumpkin, aromatic spices, and rich cream, this soup is perfect for a cozy meal on a cold day. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be customized to your liking with different toppings and garnishes. Serve it as an appetizer or as the main course with some crusty bread, and you’ll have a crowd-pleasing dish that will warm both your body and soul.
donna hay pumpkin soup
Donna Hay's pumpkin soup is a delicious and easy-to-make soup that is perfect for a cozy meal. Made with roasted pumpkin, onions, garlic, and chicken stock, this soup is both healthy and comforting. It is a great way to warm up on a cold day and is sure to satisfy any pumpkin lover's cravings. The soup is also vegetarian and can be made vegan by swapping out the butter for a plant-based alternative. Overall, it is a classic and versatile recipe that is sure to become a staple in any soup lover's repertoire.
- wooden ladle
- baking dish
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- toasted pumpkin seeds
- chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).In a large baking dish, combine pumpkin and garlic, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes or until tender and lightly golden. In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the remaining olive oil and onion. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until softened and lightly golden
- Add the roasted pumpkin and garlic to the saucepan, along with the chicken or vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the pumpkin is very tender. Using a blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- . Return to the saucepan and stir in the cream. Heat gently until hot, but not boiling.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot, topped with toasted pumpkin seeds.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!