Deep Fried Plantain Ball (Kaaklo) Recipe
Kakro also known as kaaklo or kaklo is a Ghanaian traditional meal which can be served with beans stew. It is rich in vitamin and minerals and popular sold along the streets of Ghana.
Kakro is often added to several main dishes such as Red Red (cooked beans) or Aboboi (boiled Bambara beans ) or most time sold with peanuts.
In this recipe, I am going to show you:
- How to fry Kakro the best way.
- Ingredients to prepare Kakro in Ghana.
Just give me 10 minutes of your times and let’s get started. Kindly leave a comment below.
Ingredients to prepare kakro.
- 5 Ripe Plantains
- Oil (For deep fry)
- 1/2 Cup Corn Flour
- 3-4 bonnet Pepper( quantity of choice)
- 1 Clove of garlic(optional)
- 2 Bulb Onion
- Ginger Root(quantity of choice)
- Salt to taste
Steps for frying kakro.
- Peel ripe plantains. Cut in pieces into a blender or mortar.
- Grind or blend until its a smooth puree. Pour in a bowl and set aside
- Chop onion, garlic, pepper and ginger in pieces. Blend them with little water to have a thick consistency.
- Add it to the grounded plantains. Add flour and mix together( Make sure the flour holds the ingredients together before frying).
- You can use your palm to make the balls or spoon to scoop.
- Deep fry them for about 10 minutes or until it turns golden brown. Remove and drain it