Indulge in the flavors of India with this delicious and crispy vegetable bhajia recipe. Bhajias, also known as pakoras, are popular Indian fritters made with a chickpea flour batter and a variety of vegetables. These deep-fried delights are commonly enjoyed as a snack or appetizer, bursting with aromatic spices and a satisfying crunch. Whether you’re hosting a gathering or simply craving a flavorful treat, this bhajia recipe is sure to impress your taste buds.
This vegetable bhajia recipe brings together a blend of chickpea flour, spices, and a medley of vegetables to create a crispy and flavorful snack. The vegetables are coated in a seasoned batter and deep-fried to perfection, resulting in a crunchy exterior and a tender, flavorful interior. Serve these bhajias as a tasty appetizer or snack, accompanied by your favorite chutney or dipping sauce. They are a perfect addition to any Indian-inspired meal or as a standalone treat to enjoy with family and friends.Enjoy the aromatic spices and delightful crunch of these vegetable bhajias, bringing the authentic flavors of India to your table.
- Slotted spoon
- mixing bowl
- Deep frying pan
- Paper towel
- serving plate
- chickpea flour
- rice flour
- turmeric powder
- coriander powder
- baking soda
- salt and pepper
- assorted vegetables
- cumin powder
- oil for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine chickpea flour, rice flour (if using), turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well to combine.
- Gradually add water to the dry ingredients, stirring continuously, until you achieve a smooth, thick batter consistency. The batter should be thick enough to coat the vegetables.
- Add the sliced or diced vegetables to the batter and mix until they are well-coated. Heat oil in a deep pan or skillet for frying. The oil should be hot enough for frying but not smoking.
- Take small portions of the vegetable mixture and drop them gently into the hot oil. Fry in batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Fry the bhajias until they turn golden brown and crispy. Use a slotted spoon to remove them from the oil and transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Repeat the frying process with the remaining batter and vegetables. Serve the bhajias hot with your favorite chutney or dipping sauce.
You can customize the vegetables used in the bhajias based on your preference. Feel free to adjust the spice levels by increasing or decreasing the amount of chili powder. Serve the bhajias immediately for the best texture and taste. Enjoy your homemade bhajias as a delicious snack or appetizer!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!