Discover the delightful and unique flavors of fried green bananas with this simple recipe. Green bananas, also known as plantains, are transformed into crispy and flavorful treats through the frying process. Whether you’re looking for a snack, appetizer, or a side dish, fried green bananas offer a satisfying crunch and a hint of sweetness. Get ready to enjoy this easy and delicious recipe that will surely become a favorite in your kitchen.
Fried Green Bananas
- Deep fryer
- Paper towels
- green bananas
- vegetable oil
- spices of your choice
- Start by peeling the green bananas and slicing them into even-sized pieces. You can choose to cut them into rounds or lengthwise strips, depending on your preference.
- In a deep fryer or a deep, heavy-bottomed pot, heat vegetable oil to around 350°F (175°C). Ensure there is enough oil to fully submerge the banana slices.
- Carefully add the banana slices to the hot oil, in batches if necessary, to avoid overcrowding. Fry them for about 4-6 minutes or until they turn golden brown and crispy. Flip them occasionally for even frying.
- Using tongs or a slotted spoon, remove the fried green bananas from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate or wire rack to drain excess oil.
- While the fried green bananas are still hot, sprinkle them with salt or your choice of spices for added flavor. Serve them immediately as a snack or side dish.
- Crispy and delicious, these fried green bananas are best enjoyed fresh and hot. Serve them on their own or as a side dish alongside your favorite dipping sauces or condiments.